THE PROGRAM OFFERS
General education, information resources, evaluation and assistance in the prevention and recognition of impaired dental practice from substance abuse, mental health issues, stress and related topics.
- Do you have general questions about impaired practice, substance abuse, alcoholism in the practice of dentistry?
- Are you concerned about your own or a colleague's possible abuse or dependence on alcohol or other drugs?
- Have you had problems at your workplace that could affect your license to practice?
- Have you received notification from the State Board of Dental Examiners about possible action against your license?
SCHOLARSHIP The Annual Joe Barry Kushner Memorial Scholarship for the University of Utah School on Alcoholism and Other Drug Dependencies honors Joe Barry Kushner, son of Dr. Rick and Mrs. Cindy Kushner. Like his father, Joe was interested in dentistry, with a special interest in dental lab work. PAS is pleased to offer this scholarship to raise awareness of the prevention and intervention of substance use disorders. This $1,000 scholarship is available annually to a dentist or student of dentistry with an interest in the prevention, recognition and treatment of alcoholism and other substance abuse. Applications are due May 1. For more information: 303.369.0039.
DENVER 303.369.0039 TOLL-FREE 866.369.0039
To request information or to schedule a presentation: Info@PeerAssist.org
Dental Peer Health Assistance Program brochure
Recognizing Signs and Symptoms (PDF)
FUNDING Colorado Board of Dental Examiners, authorized through the Dental Practice Law of Colorado
- About Us
- Dental Program
- Nursing Program
- Pharmacy Program
- Veterinary Program
- Other Professions
- Colorado TASC
- Workplace Prevention Services
- Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention
- SBIRT Colorado